Related Posts with Thumbnails

>> Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"When are you going to finish all of these?" exclaimed my mom when she saw a bag full of books i bought on my last trip to Bangalore. "Can you not buy few at a time, finish them and buy the next lot?" she advised much to my growing irritation. I dint explain to her that i might just finish ALL of these by the time i hit Bangalore next. Or that the fact was that i actually got greedy and picked more books than i had intended to. My logic was already yelling at me for having spent a good amount on a single day and that too because i was stupid to buy a majority of books from Crossword while i could've saved about 30% at another place. This place called Bookworm(off MG Road/Brigade Road) is a heaven for book lovers. You'll get straight 25-30% off on brand new copies or can pick up read copies for half the price. And what's more,You read the book,did not like it that much, return it and get 50% of price paid back. Now that's great. For people who don't believe in keeping books. Not for me. I keep every book i read. So i buy my copies even if i've originally read a borrowed one.

And i don't believe in 'read-as-per-your-age' nonsense. I love Harry Potter. I still read comics. I reread my books. I love fiction. I dont mind the author as long as the story keeps me wanting to get back to the book.

I experimented with the recent copies by clicking pictures of them as objects. Wanted to share them here.



A very popular book written by Elizabeth Gilbert. Quite interesting part of her life. Liked the indonesian part of her journey because it's all happy happy. Have't read the sequel yet. Might just pick it up on my trip home this time. ;)



This was a very cute book. One of the cutest i've read so far. Was recommended by the bookworm guy. Meant for teens i guess but that din stop me. It's about a autistic teen boy who wants to find out who murdered his neighbor's dog. Mark Haddon brightens the book with some illustrations of what's going through the boy's head. Nice!!




This was recommended to me about a year back by my younger cousin (who's overtaken my number of books read quite sometime ago now). For some reason i had'nt picked it up. Loved the book. Was disappointed when it was over.




It did not take too long to finish this one. Did not connect to it for some strange reason. Liked the cover. :)

2 comments:

Nanana June 25, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Book worm? Is this the one on church street? Remember the one inside a mall near amoeba on church street that had used books :)

And here we go again June 26, 2010 at 5:22 AM  

I think this is the same one San. I remember having bought Archie comics there long back. This place is amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs