Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sankranth and Goa.

>> Sunday, January 31, 2010

My blog is super happy today. Three posts. This has to do something with the song posted before this post. I've heard it like 20 times already. I did mention something bout chaos today? No? Alright then. Last one for the day i hope.





This picture was shot a year back by my clumsy hand. But i still like the way it turned out. These small earthen pots (called chirki) are a part of a festival practice in Goa called 'Haldi-Kumkum'. After Makar Sankranth(the harvest festival of India), married women in Goa invite other married women over at home and share Til-ghul(sugar coated sesame seeds). The chirki is customary to be distributed by a newly wed bride for her first Haldi-Kumkum. It was my first last year. I had loads of fun. And my second one just went 15 days back.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs